Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Why haven't I been informed?!?!

Why haven't I heard about Heatherette being no more?! I look for there latest collection and the latest is from last year! Apparently Richie Rich is doing his own thing in the fashion world and Traver Rains is no where to be found (not literally but figuratively). According to WWD.com "Heatherette, which Rich started with Traver Rains in 1999, lost its main backer, the Weisfeld Group, last year. Rich enjoyed a brief hiatus, recording a pop album, Celebutante (on which he sings, “I’ve been around the world and back”) and thinking about launching his own line. “I’m still very close to Traver, but it’s kind of like being in a band,” he jokes. “Now I’m a solo artist, like BeyoncĂ© and Gwen Stefani.” Rich's collection is coming out this winter it will include ruffled silk chiffon and silk charmeuse dresses, gaudy lip prints, Keith Haring-inspired graphics and season-defying swimsuits in what Rich calls a “happy palette” of hot pink, neon yellow and robin’s egg blue. The show will also be the debut of sneakers Rich designed in collaboration with Vans. I cannot wait for this line to come out! Especially the sneakers! I loved Heatherette and I'm sure I will Love what Richie Rich will have to bring to the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment